Header Ads

Lecrae accepts that he almost left Christianity and also thought of Suicide

lacrae

The famous Gospel Hip-hop artist explains in an exclusive interview that he is gearing up to release his new album. he also went further and revealed why he nearly left Christianity and even contemplated suicide.

Indeed everyone face moments of Trials, As lecrae became more vocal about racial injustice, however, he realized that not all Christians felt the same way about it.

This was what he had to say in the interview

“I spoke my mind, I got attacked for it, Thought these people had my back boy,Then they tellin’ me I asked for it, I guess I’m just another black boy, And then they killed Tamir Rice,And they just go on with they life.They tellin’ me shut up talking ’bout it, Like I should just talk about Christ, But the truth is I started to doubt God. I started to question my purpose, I started to act out,” he raps on “Can’t Stop Me Now (Destination).”

When he was asked about the meaning of the words and his struggle with his Christian faith, Lecrae said he admittedly hit a rough patch because of the way he was treated by other Christians.

“Gandhi said it, Frederick Douglas said it, a lot of people have probably said, ‘It’s not Christ that I have a problem with, it’s his people.’ And that was my struggle, it’s God’s people. I felt disenfranchisement, I felt so much abuse from organized religion because I’m walking in a direction that a lot of them couldn’t fathom and can’t understand,” he explained.

so there you have it,  an exclusive on Lecrae

No comments

Powered by Blogger.
CREATED AND DESIGNED BY WORGERSWEB